AY MAMAY lets talk about mamey sapote 😍
5 TIPS TO EATING ENOUGH ON A RAW/VEGAN LIFESTYLE
by Samantha from @leavesandwanders
Y’all. WE GOTTTTTA EAT ENOUGH TO THRIVE! Under-eating, calorie restriction, & excessive fasting for short-term healing can create long-term damage. Our bodies & adrenals need consistent nourishment!
1) STOCK UP. Make sure you have enough high-carb foods (FRUIT) on hand. Find the foods you love to eat most & keep them at arm’s reach.
2) BE PREPARED. Whether you have a 9-5 or are heading out for the day, make sure you plan ahead & bring enough food with you. You don’t have to meal prep or get fancy with it. You can blend up some smoothies or- even simpler- just pack a bag of fruit!
3) CALORIC DENSITY. If the food you’re eating is low in calories by weight (melon, grapes, apples, etc.), you’re gonna have to eat a higher quantity to make them count. Including calorie-dense fruits like bananas, dates, mangos, mamey sapote (pictured), etc. will help you meet your needs. Banana-date nice cream/smoothies have helped me quite a bit!
4) TRACK YOUR CALS. Don’t count them out of restriction... Track them to ensure you’re actually eating enough. You won’t have to do this forever. But in the beginning, this is crucial to getting your mind & body used to what truly makes up an appropriate amount of fuel for your day.
5) HAVE FUN WITH IT. Make/choose foods that you enjoy & you’ll look forward to each time you’re eating. Being mindful of food combining & not overdoing it on fats, branch out and create new dishes that keep you excited about this lifestyle. (Hopefully my books will help you with this, too!)
Take your mamey to the next level by marinating it in your favorite sauce ( I really love sweet chili or teriyaki) and then wrap it up with your favorite veggies in a nori roll or add avocado and tamarillo for a savory and filling meal.
What's in Season
Premium Variety Box
Custard Apple EXTREMELY LIMITED
Sprouted coconut sticker